Monday, November 28, 2011

Debrief 7

Everything has gone okay so far. Kristen showed up to work unscathed and as haughty as ever. I called a meeting to catch everyone involved up to speed on the Mind in Zero case. I announced Mel's death and Kristen's return. She didn't seem too happy to be there, but I tried not to pay any attention to her. I explained what Zero stood for and what we might someday be up against.

Her "God". I told them how my family had been killed at the hands of this creature and tried to keep myself composed. I knew exposing this could have been a risk, not just to my position on the case but to what other people think of me and my sanity. That was a risk I had to take. I assured them I would be able to continue the case and this connection would help us capture Zero.

Lastly, I hit them with the big news. Zero's infiltration into our squad. I used the documents I found about Melandra Anderson and her history to show how she was connected to Zero from as early as their school days. Sometime during the week I will be sending a team to scrounge around the schools for any information they can find to back up my theory and the connection between Melandra and Zero.  I dismissed everyone and caught Kristen's glare on the way out. This was my chance to strike up a conversation. I reminded her she had no current duties since she failed to report after the last mission. I used this to press her more on her activities. At first she staunchly denied any involvement with the case but soon she began to crack under pressure. I warned her. She could escape at any time. It was only going to get worse.

Her next words are something I will not soon forget:
"AND BECOME A RUNNER?? ALL BECAUSE OF YOU. I'M NOT GIVING UP JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU HAVE ME CORNERED. I'D RATHER DIE."

Shamefully, we were in an empty room. No one else heard her screech before she ran out. I really should start carying a tape recorder. I could have used it as evidence against her. Until then, I will do what I can to stop her.

I could use the blogger account I discovered and try to match up the times between the posts and Kristen's absence but times don't add up. Even so, I enjoy this game of cat and mouse

4 comments:

  1. Well, well, well~
    Not gonna even hide your cruelty, hmm? Finally showing your true colors, eh? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're not going to come quietly then I might as well try to enjoy myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ehehehe! Sounds like my motto, sweetheart. Maybe you didn't escape God unscathed after all. Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete