Monday, November 14, 2011

Debrief 3

I've been working non-stop all weekend. The trace it there, but it's blurred; our killer knows how to keep his/her identity anonymous. Any threats are killed and any witnesses are definitely killed. I gathered only the day before the accomplice's name and I traced it back to a school somewhere in the San Bernardino county. It's the earliest lead I have on Singing Zero. I plan on going to the school to interview several students. I don't expect much, but chances are the killer came into contact with the girl as either a teacher or fellow student.

Meantime, I had been digging deeper in the girl's past. And I've met a little speed bump. Everything beyond one year ago has been thoroughly disposed of. There are no traces of someone having tampered with it and any copy of her records have also been erased. I can't even get a birth date, names of the parents, past schools, nothing. I've effectively hit a wall in that department. Of course, someone obviously altered them. Wouldn't it be something if that person were working for Singing Zero? Or, better, if it were Singing Zero? That would mean he/she has access to police information. This has given me two useful hints:

This girl has definitely come into contact with our culprit and more than likely is the accomplice. Furthermore, our killer has no restrictions on police records, indicating that he/she comes from a family with parents or siblings in the police force. Yes... yes, that would make sense. In the past few weeks, there have been a number of police officers reported dead after finding a lead on the killer.

This in turn leads me to the more recent case where our officers were attacked after finding the killer's hideout. One survived, yet Singing Zero does not leave any witnesses. Does the officer not pose a threat, perhaps? Or could it even be Singing Zero in person?

This is all guess work at the moment. My only real lead is investigating the students of the accomplice's school. Thanksgiving break is coming upon us. I cannot waste any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment