Friday, November 11, 2011

Debrief 2

I ran into a colleague of mine yesterday who handles the case personally. He seemed determined; actually going out of his way to find me and relay this information to me.

The station received notice from a fallen officer a week or so before Halloween that perhaps the killer did not work alone.

The new anomaly astounded me. There were, of course, benefits to having an accomplice. Someone to shift the blame to and to command to do whatever the killer pleased without actually having his/her hands get dirty. I could not deny this was a brilliant move made by the enemy. It certainly put into question if our culprit really did commit these crimes in this vicinity, but rather having been pulling the strings to his/her puppet all along. It would explain the recent change in victims. For all we know, the puppet-master could be on the other side of the globe controlling its doll remotely.

There was, however, one slight detail that worried me: Why now? To what purpose could the killer have in controlling someone else to kill victims? Was it to alert us of message; that perhaps the killer had a growing number of supporters to use as an army? No. For the past year the killer has been murdering his/her victims alone, that much we can be sure of. This "doll", this new addition to the killer's arsenal of weapons can only mean one thing.

We are getting closer.

I deduced all of this the night before after I bid the colleague a farewell. It certainly is a triumphant feeling when one knows that the chase will soon be over. I will make my move soon. I can't wait to meet you.

Singing Zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment